All conference events will take place at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center in Rochester, New York, USA. The only exception is Wednesday's evening dinner event at George Eastman House.

How to Get to Rochester

By Plane

The Greater Rochester International Airport (GRIA) offers over 200 flights per day. The airport is conveniently located four miles southwest of the City of Rochester and 12 miles south of Lake Ontario, the smallest of the Great Lakes.

Greater Rochester International Airport
1200 Brooks Avenue
Rochester, NY 14624

NOTE: Both of the conference hotels, the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside and the Hyatt Regency Rochester, offer a complimentary shuttle to and from the Greater Rochester International Airport (GRIA).

By Train

An Amtrak station is located in the city.

By Bus

A central terminal is located behind Midtown Plaza in downtown Rochester. It is serviced by Greyhound, Trailways, and other bus companies.

By Car

Expressway-NYS Thruway exits 45, 46 and 47.

From the Greater Rochester International Airport (GRIA): Take 390 North expressway to 490 East. Estimated drive time: 12 minutes.


Entering the USA


Every visitor entering the USA from abroad needs a passport. Foreign passports must be valid for at least six months longer than your intended stay in the USA unless your country of origin is exempt from that requirement – see the exempt countries at this CBP website.


Foreign nationals entering the U.S. are also required to present a valid visa issued by a U.S. consular official unless they are:

  • a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Programme
  • a lawful permanent resident of the USA
  • a citizen of Canada orother visa exempt country

A foreign national travelling by air who is a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program must have an approved ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) before travelling to the USA. You may apply for ESTA at


As a routine matter, U.S. Customs and Border Protection may search your belongings even if you don’t declare anything. The full list of customs rules is at


The unit of currency in the United States is the Dollar ($). Click here to calculate the current exchange rates. Foreign currency may be exchanged at banks during normal business days as well as at the airport and hotels. Exchange rates are set daily by each bank. Credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Diners Club are all widely accepted. ATMs are available at airports, hotels, and many shops and fast food restaurants.


It is custom to tip 15-20% at resturants and bars in the United States.


Electric power is standardized in all states across the USA. It is set at 110 Volts and 60 cycles. 220 Volt power is used in homes only for large appliances like stoves, water heaters and clothes dryers. It is not normally available for personal appliances.

If you bring any electrical appliance to the USA, you may need an adaptor to fit the US electrical receptacles. You may also need a converter to change the voltage from 110 volts to 220 volts.

Most common appliances will function with either 50 or 60 cycle current. Electrical frequency can affect electric clocks, audio equipment and some other electronic gear. You should check your electrical equipment for compatibility with 60-cycle current before you bring it to the USA.


Dial 911 for emergency services (police, fire, paramedics).


Click here for other information specific to the City of Rochester, New York.